Sunday, January 3, 2010

Personal:...and it all begins

If you continue to do the same things, you will receive the same results. I've been getting the same results for 23 years. Not once have I been content with myself; not once have I done anything about it either. Undisciplined with no sense of control. If Im hungry, I eat. If i want to buy a $1200 gucci bag, i buy it even if my rent is less! If i know that a current relationship is bad, I continue with it bc i want to. If I desire to lose weight, i dont because i like food more lol seriously whatever i desire, i get it, not thinking of the consequences or repercussions of my actions. Never have I stayed committed to working on myself physically, financially, emotionally, or spiritually... Until now. This is my year for growth and discipline.

1. Self
Commitment #1. Eat right and in smaller portions. Control your hunger and pledge to exercising weekly.
Commitment #2. Commit to serving the Lord and following him through prayer, worship and seeking His word and applying it to your life.
Commitment #3. Execute a monthly budget and follow it. Pay all bills on time and pay off all credit cards by the end of your 3 month sabbatical.
************************************************************

Today is the day. I'm officially tired of it all. I'm only 23 and I'm amazed by the lies and deceit that has consumed my life. I'm hurt. But for some reason I'm not bitter, I simply am tired, drained by the games. The most recent situation was with a young man named G. He went out of his way to show me that he was different from the rest. He took me out and brought me home to introduce me to his friends and mother, only to tell me later that he didn't want a relationship. While i was in Atlanta (where he lives) he didn't attempt to see me once. What is your purpose? I truly want to know your psychology... I want to ask him "Why did you waste your time and money on someone who you didn't take seriously?" If your point was to be intimate, you won.... No need to communicate with me to make me think that its anything more than that.... I'm a dreamer and entertain dream sellers....a silly and naive quality that i am definitely working on in 2010. Among other things i will do the following:

2. Relationships
Commitment #4. Take a sabbatical from guys until April 3rd, 2010. This includes refraining from calling, texting, and being intimate with males.
I'm learning to be a strong, independent woman, free from drama, hurt, and disappointment...At one point all i wanted was for "him" to come back; Now I want them to go away and for my focus to be on me."
***********************************************************

God has put me in an uncomfortable situation. Not only do I not fully understand the industry in which i work, but i work in an hostile environment that is competitive and time-consuming. I've recently learned that God placed me in this position to teach me and help me grow in an area that is unfamiliar. The one area that I'm not "good" in---finance. I'm great in English, ok in the Sciences, great in Business but when it comes to math---its Greek to me. Its very coincidental that my first job is in this area. I have plenty of plans but I'm pretty sure that their laughable to God. In 2010, I will do the following:

3. Job
Commitment #5. Seek your purpose and ask God for wisdom and discernment into your future
.

No comments:

Post a Comment